Join our cause
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of dogs and their owners? Holly’z Hope Volunteer Program is extremely rewarding, educational and fun. You’ll be able to witness a dog running free in their yard for the first time, see the joy in the pet owner’s eyes, and know you’ve helped a dog live their life unchained.
Volunteer opportunities vary throughout the year. In December, we deliver straw to keep the pups warm, or put tarps up in the summer to help keep them cool. Fence builds are scheduled around the dog owner’s schedule and volunteer availability. Typically, we schedule two builds a month. Fundraisers are also scheduled throughout the year.
In addition, we are looking for volunteers to assist with community outreach, social media, resource coordinator and donor coordinator.
Here is a list of the types of volunteer opportunities we have at Holly’z Hope:
Safety for our volunteers, the dogs and the pet owners is our top concern. To maintain the safety and welfare of our volunteers, ALL volunteers are prohibited from the following without written consent from a Holly’z Hope board member:
1. Playing with or touching any animals during all volunteer activities.
2. Contacting dog owners
3. Visiting dogs and dog owners
4. Exchanging personal information with dog owners
5. Providing support to the dogs i.e. delivering toys, food, straw, etc.
6. Providing support to the dog owners i.e. money, clothing, food etc.
7. All activities involving Holly’z Hope must be coordinated through the Holly’z Hope board.
Volunteers wishing to have contact with dogs and dog owners without written consent from Holly’z Hope Board Member will no longer be able to volunteer with Holly’z Hope.
1. Provide an updated calendar with dates of upcoming fence builds, fundraising activities, and other volunteer opportunities.
2. Provide the locations and times for each event.
3. Provide guidance/support/guidelines for each volunteer activity with the goal of educating volunteers and helping them see the value they add.
3. Provide contact list: phone numbers for Board Members. Explain who they should call if they need assistance.
4. Provide all necessary tools, equipment, and supplies for all Holly’z Hope activities.
5. Safety! Holly’z Hope recognizes the importance of safety. All dogs will be safely secured during fence builds. If they are not safely secured the build will be cancelled.
A completed Volunteer Waiver is required before volunteer work can begin. Please download, sign and bring it with you or email a copy firstname.lastname@example.org